In the course Brian Hogan covers the measures currently proposed by the European Commission to modernise and make Europe's VAT system work better for businesses and more resilient to fraud. The proposals specifically address embracing and promoting digitisation for VAT.
Brian covers the following topics;
- The proposal for a new real time digital reporting system based on e-invoicing.
- The proposed digital reporting system for Intra EU transactions.
- Updated VAT rules for the platform economy.
- A single VAT registration for businesses selling to consumers across the EU.
- The current status of the proposals generally.
He has advised and delivered solutions to private individuals and companies on numerous VAT issues including compliance, property, business transfers and cross border related transactions.
Brian has also worked closely with numerous Public Bodies advising in relation to VAT, RCT and assisting with Revenue enquiries. He also has extensive experience dealing with Revenue on audits, queries, disclosures and negotiations.
Brian spent a number of years providing lectures on VAT for the Irish Payroll Association and has also been involved in education for the Irish Taxation Institute.